OVERVIEW OF GSTR 3B
Some Important Guidelines for GSTR-3B
PROCESS TO FILE GSTR-3B IN MARG BOOKS
‘Detail of outward supplies and inward supplies liable to reverse charge’- Tax liabilities will come here
Name of supplies:
a. ‘Outward taxable supplies (Other than zero rated, NIL rated and exempted)’ - All taxable supplies will come here.
b. ‘Outward taxable supplies (Zero rated)’- Only supplies with a 0% GST rate will be included here. Exports or supplies made to SEZ are considered zero-rated supplies.
c. Other outward supplies (Nil rated exempted) - Supplies that are exempt from GST or are nil rated are included in the category of 'other outward supplies' (nil rated, exempt).
d. Inward supplies (liable to reverse charge)- Reverse Charge describes a delivery of goods or services where the recipient is responsible for paying tax rather than the supplier in the case of certain categories of supply.
e. Non GST outward supplies- For the categories like petrol, diesel etc. where VAT is not applicable, only their taxable value will be come here and not the tax amount.
of supplies shown in 3.1 (a) above, details of inter- State supplies made to unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UNN holders’: State-wise different details of unregistered persons, composition taxable persons and UNN holders, taxable value and Tax amount.
Eligible ITC – means input tax credit, basically the tax amount of how much ITC the user wants to claim will come here.
A. ITC available (whether in full or apart) – The details of ITC whether in full or apart their details will come here.
1. Import of Goods –The available ITC will come here.
2. Import of services –The available services will come here.
3. Inward supplies liable to reverse charge (other 1 &2 above) – In 3.1 section (d) unregistered purchases where reverse charge is applicable that same amount will come here.
4. Inward supplies from ISD – means the tax claim from the input service distributor those details will come here.
5. All other ITC – Except from Import, reverse charge, ISD all other ITC will come here.
B. ITC Reversed – If ITCs have been reversed that will come here.
As per rules 42 & 43 of CGST rules- If the user has a composite supply which is also being used for business or partially for personal use it will be equally reversed similarly the exempted service or for taxable service that will also according to rule 42 & 43 on the basis of that will be reversed.
(2) Others- means the debit note will come here.
C. Net ITC available (A) – (B) – A minus B, means the available ITC after A minus B will come here.
Ineligible ITC- Those where the user gets no input.
1. As per section 17(5) – It is for the blocked credit, for example if the user has purchased a car for the business and take food and beverages services, outdoor catering service or spa services there is no input tax available, they come under the blocked credit category, their details will comes here.
2. Others - Those who does not come under 17(5) category and still the ITC is not available on them those details will come here.
‘Values of exempt, nil-rated and non- GST inward supplies’- Composition scheme purchase, exempt and nil-rated purchase details will come here.
‘Non GST supply’ – where GST does not apply on a product those will come here.
‘Payment of Tax’ – The details picked from 3.1 section will come here.
‘TDS/TCS Credit’ – which is not applicable now.