The Opening Balances option used to specify the opening balance. For instance, if the user is dealing with the party from the past two years and now want to maintain its entry in the Marg software, then the old balances can be used to specify the opening balances of the party.
The ledger opening option used to enter the opening balances of the ledger accounts. If there are some previous outstanding balances of the company/party, it can be entered in this option.
In this way the user can enter the opening balance in the party ledger.
1. Go to Master > Ledger > Modify Ledger.
2. Now the user will select the ledger whose opening balance needs to be mentioned then press 'Enter' on it.
3. Then the user will select 'Modify'.
4. In 'Opening' field the user will mention the opening balance of the ledger as per the requirement.
5. Then press 'CTRL+W' key to save the details.